Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

This was nice enough. But not really moving.

rock - Anyta Sunday

I did have a few tears in my eyes in the end, but  they had nothing to do with the two boys in love - unfortunately most of this story left me quite cold.

I think it is the childhood stepbrothers to lovers trope that doesn't really click with me. It's not that I per se don't like friends to lovers - the opposite is the case. But here the boys were just a tad too young for my taste, and that made their whole falling in love slightly icky for me. Blood relation here or there.

I wanted very hard to love this book, it was supposed to be my vacation treat, but I turned out to only mildly like it. The protag was good enough, but Jace just didn't seem all that interesting. I found the story about those two families and how they all dealt with the different happenings much more appealing.

So it was an enjoyable read, but not exactly a great romantic love story for me.