Tami

Tami

This was nice enough. But not really moving.

rock - Anyta Sunday

I did have a few tears in my eyes in the end, but  they had nothing to do with the two boys in love - unfortunately most of this story left me quite cold.

I think it is the childhood stepbrothers to lovers trope that doesn't really click with me. It's not that I per se don't like friends to lovers - the opposite is the case. But here the boys were just a tad too young for my taste, and that made their whole falling in love slightly icky for me. Blood relation here or there.

I wanted very hard to love this book, it was supposed to be my vacation treat, but I turned out to only mildly like it. The protag was good enough, but Jace just didn't seem all that interesting. I found the story about those two families and how they all dealt with the different happenings much more appealing.

So it was an enjoyable read, but not exactly a great romantic love story for me.