Tami

Tami

SPOILER ALERT!

Not too bad (meaning epic bad). But not really good either.

Holding Out for a Fairy Tale - A.J.  Thomas

Here it was really not good for the rating, that I did a re-read of "A casual weekend thing" - because that one had a very engaging crime part and two wonderful main characters. It was a great read also the second time around.

So I bought this one, although I already knew that Ray probably wouldn't be my kind of hero.

And I was unfortunately right. He was not funny, he was not cool. He was totally lame and annoying.

I wanted to congratulate Chris from "A casual weekend thing" that he decided to go for Doug instead of Ray.

I also didn't like the FBI guy much. Whose love for pop-tarts and martial arts and his nearly crippling migraine probably were supposed to give him more depths and color. It didn't work for me. He remained pale and uninteresting.

This whole "fairy tale" thing was also very lame.

There was this convoluted plot about the crime, the missing girl and gangs.

This was not a great read for me - I was not interested in the least in their budding romance and I was really disappointed after finishing it.