Tami

Tami

The Handmaid's Tale
Margaret Atwood
Trek Science - mit Warpgeschwindigkeit in die Zukunft? (German Edition)
Inga Nielsen, Stefan Thiesen

At least it was cheap. DNF at 20%.

Pride to Pack (The Mount Roxby Series Book 1) - Aimie Jennison

What puts me off reading on is the writing.

It just doesn't click with me. It sounds to me like a listing of things "I do this, then I think that and finally I do something else."

The characters don't have much personality to this point. The heroine is pale and her backstory is handled too quick and doesn't leave an emotional impact.

We have insta-love via mating instinct.

Oh, and Misty the bar-owner has "a cute British accent". And do you know how that sounds? She says "ya" when she means "you". Even "Ya'll" - never heard any Biritsh person talking that way, but ok. I could trust, that there are British people who speak like this, but within the clumsy dialogues it gets annoying fast.

It's obviously the only language-related quirk that Misty has that makes her the exotic British.

It is a shifter novel, so I would be fine with the mating stuff, could live with some cliches. But the writing is just not engaging.