Tami

Tami

The first 30% dragged like no one's business, but it thankfully picked up after that point.

Black Widow - Jennifer Estep

It won't become a favourite.

The series is not exactly ruined for me, but I won't praise it in the next few years.

I think this is a case of over-staying your welcome. And I can understand it. You have a series that has a loyal following, people who are invested in the characters and the world you built.

BUT: After 11 (!) books about basically the same fight/family feud, it is more than enough.

I was sick and tired after the last one and this one pacified me a bit, so that I can say that all in all it was a good series.

But it didn't work for 11 books. It was just too many pages with too stretched thin a story to cover all that real estate.

I won't go in the details of the book, as probably no one jumps into a series at book 11 and all the people like me who read the first 10, will check this one out anyway :-)

PS: It is listed as 12th book on GR, but the book 10 "The Spider" is actually a prequel, so I don't count it - didn't read it either, because I was fed up with stupid flash backs anyway...