Tami

Tami

The Handmaid's Tale
Margaret Atwood
Trek Science - mit Warpgeschwindigkeit in die Zukunft? (German Edition)
Inga Nielsen, Stefan Thiesen
Empire of Bones (Empire of Bones Saga) (Volume 1)
Terry Mixon

I stopped reading halfway in - DNF

Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1) (Volume 1) - Aimee Nicole Walker

It might be me, not the book.

I was missing the back-story (in another novel?), and did not enjoy the "romance" missing the for me most interesting part - i.e. when the two MCs get to know each other and fall for each other.

This was a "repair" case of love story.

Also Jazz's criticism of Gabe's a**holeish "I don't like femme guys" seems a bit, well, contrived. Because Jazz does like Gabe's Alpha-Male-Cop-Tall-Dark-Dangerous type well enough. But if Gabe likes masculine guys better, it is demeaning. It is a bit difficult for me to follow that. Maybe because I am a very distinct "type" myself and always was aware that there are people who simply won't be attracted to me. And vice versa - as I have a "type" too :)

I am aware of the underlying mysogeny (femme guys being "less of a man"/"less desirable"/"more male=better"), but this still felt a bit hypocritical to me. I would have liked it more  if Jazz showed that he is not a walking stereotype with his job, limber Yoga-style flexibility and happy reverse-cowboy bottoming.

So, to cut my ramblings short, I wasn't really into the story. On the plus side, I did enjoy Jazz's voice and think this book could have been good without the emphasize on the romance with the jock detective.