Tami

Tami

Captive Prince: Volume Two

Captive Prince: Volume Two - C.S. Pacat, S.U. Pacat God, this was soooo good!I sincerely hope there will be a third part.Crown prince Laurent is one of the most fascinating characters I read about in some time. The writing is brilliant and the world building mostly very satisfying.Some minor things I found a bit strange like why in this society homosexuality would be so common - the reasoning with what a taboo illegitimate children are, doesn't really fly imho, been that way in societies for a long time - the solution always was to encourage abstinence or invent contraception - also there are forms of sex that won't lead to pregnancy... It was a bit fantastic to assume that simply all people would live homosexual. Sadly enough it is vice versa in some cultures (i.e. that homosexuals need to have heterosexual relationships, because anything else is punished). But that didn't disturb the overall impression much - a very enjoyable read.