Tami

Tami

The Nothingness of Ben

The Nothingness of Ben - Brad Boney 1,5 stars.Review might contain spoiler!The writing style was ok. Some parts were even good, but they were unfortunately in the minority.It was a predictable, unrealistic and boring story which got sappy at times - not a good mixture. The dialogues didn't sound particularly good to me. The whole "parents die in a tragic accident" part felt solely as a plot device and the emotional impact wasn't noticeable enough. The characters remained shallow and cliched most of the time. Ben, the protagonist, was a douchebag most of the time, but saw the light in time for the HEA. I still couldn't warm to him, as he is the worst kind of snob: the intellectual kind, arrghhh.Travis, the simple mechanic with the heart of gold, learnt to appreciate James Joyce and being gay, so everything worked out in the end, after a few back and forth developments which were overdramatic and boring to me.I also didn't appreciate the quasi visionary dreams and the gross foot fetish (matter of taste, some might find it hot, I find it gross)