Tami

Tami

Lorcan's Desire - S.J.D. Peterson ...enter life-threatening situation and I am out of here...DNF at 39%.For me Lorcan was a chick-with-a-dick - and I so didn't dig the Laurell-K-Hamilton-memorial hairdo...The prose went into flowery, not hot, incredibly stilted territory and I was so embarrassed to read this aweful, aweful sex scene...Also totally crashed any kind of plausible characterization of Lorcan as a confused virgin who wasn't even sure about his sexuality - when Quinn touched him...wow...he went up in flames and the moaning and groaning festival started...I am so very tired of the cliche-ridden, totally sappy, so not realistic m/m romances, where you could just alter name and sexual equipment and have a bad m/f romance. I would concede that I became quite critical with the many m/m books I read, even hard to please if there weren't so many great authors around who can write heros that are vulnerable or effeminate but clearly still guys. I can't even pinpoint it. But some are just girls in disguise, and really, for that I could have stayed with m/f.