Tami

Tami

A Dangerous Man - Anne Brooke DNF at 28%Wow, this was depressing.The writing was technically very good and sometimes even wandering into poetic.But I very much disliked the protag from the very beginning. He sounds like a douche bag. And I don't buy this whole "I am a starving artist and have to put out for rent". I would have liked him more had he decided to wait tables or even clean toilets rather than having sex for money or benefits. And this whole business-like demeanor regarding his f*cking for money here clashed brutally with his attitude as artist/thinker about urban life and colours, bla bla bla. I didn't feel any compassion with him, he sounded conceited and self-centered.And the other MC was the stereotype of attractive guy: handsome, rich, cultivated.I didn't wait for the drama to unfold and decided to bow out before it gets ugly (or more depressing...).PS: I cleared my rating because I decided, that it wasn't fair altogether, because I just wasn't in the mood for depressing and I knew beforehand that it would be - so it was mostly my fault.