Tami

Tami

Murder In 1975 - L.V. Lloyd One star is because it was for free.I didn't really like it very much. This was a kind of strange short novella with a rather ludicrous crime part that was sloppy and inconsequential. The rape and murder of a 17 year old girl was told without any kind of feeling - no compassion, no strain, nothing. It was just a tool to further the "love story" between the two MCs.One of them straight, by the way. And though there is no evident reason as to why this should change, the fact that his gay friend, the cop, touches him inappropriately while he was unconscious after binge drinking seems to rather make him consider the molester as a potential partner than frighten him off - WTF?The coarse and clumsy sex obviously also didn't deter the straight writer from coming together with the gay cop.The gay cop who acted like the worst Norman knight/pirate/bandit from bad M/f romance of the 80ies - totally obsessed with his victim - cough - love interest. Not sexy. He came across as needy and clingy and insensitive and rude at the same time.All in all, the writing left a lot to be desired. So the weakness of the story felt doubly bad.I would give the writer a second chance with another novel, but this just wasn't good.Had I paid for it, I would have been extremely disappointed.I feel a bit bad for the author that I can't give a better rating, because I saw that there are no other ratings for this book yet, but this is my honest view.