Tami

Tami

Unexpected Family - Nate Tanner 3,5 stars.I liked the story flow, both main characters (middle aged, single Dads), the chemistry between them and also their interactions until their friendship developed into more.It was an enjoyable read, a romance without explicit sex scenes (I mention that because the author has written a lot of erotica stuff - which this clearly isn't).Some minor stuff I didn't like e.g. that Tom encouraged Will, a recovering alcoholic to drink - not cool in any situation! - if you know your partner has/had a drinking problem you don't ask him if he wants a drink and you don't support rationalizing it ("only this once"); or how manipulative Will was towards his son - he overcame that partly, but still, it wasn't very comfortable to read and didn't endear him to me - it also contradicted the whole "you are an honorable man" compliment - lying to a ten-year old vulnerable child and manipulating it through guilt trips is not very honorable imo.