Tami

Tami

Maloney's Law (Maloney's Law #1) - Anne Brooke I very much liked this book. The protagonist was not an easy one - he suffered from depression and didn't deal very well with tragedy and loss. But he also goes to therapy sessions and tries to mend himself. This felt realistic and made him so very likable. The side characters were simply great (Paul's parents, Jade, her family and not to forget, Dominic).The crime plot was not very complex, but it also had a very realistic feel to it, as not the heroic PI solved everything, but only contributed a small part to the police work.It was very enthralling to read about his obsession/amour fou and how this develops intertwined with the crime plot. His "love interest" Dominic (this is not a love story!) is also a fascinating character - the way he tried to justify and explain to Paul in the end why he acted like he did, felt so pathetic but also true - like this is, how a truly greedy person feels. I am very much looking forward to the next story featuring Paul.