Tami

Tami

Diamond in the Shade 1 - D.J. Manly This is a short novel about a Vampire and a Vampire-Hunter (aka "The Destroyer"...ahem) who have to save the world and while doing it overcome their natural differences and start a meaningful relationship.As demonstrated by the rating, I didn't like it. The MC was such a cliche of the tall, dark and handsome Vampire, that everybody (two male side-kicks, the female evil enemy, the Vampire council boss etc....) wanted him. Because he was so great and beautiful and manly... So the TSTL macho hunter guy ("The Destroyer"...) couldn't resist as well. So from Neanderthal, ignorant, aggressive and chaste to loving, caring, passionate and understanding in a heartbeat - voila, the force of insta-love.This was really bad because both parts of the story didnt work: the part about save the world from evil witch was BORING and unbelievable (what kind of super evil bitch wastes so much time on seduction of a gay guy??? Not a smart or self-possessed one, that's for sure). The "romance" part was cliched and not engaging in any way.