Tami

Tami

Bring The Heat - M.L. Rhodes I didn't like this one. It started with the sexy, but "nerdy" (?) cop seeing the gorgeous guy in a coffee shop and sharing glances - but then nothing comes out of it and sexy cop who is totally insecure about himself, although he has a killer body and is very good looking - really? - meets the gorgeous model/stripper as an witness in a stripper-killer-case - really? They have sex and they are so sweeeet together - it is nearly unbearable - after the first sex they moved into sappy land and never left - and gorgeous guy wants a relationship, cop says no, because "someone as gorgeous like you cannot want somenone like me"...really? Gorgeous guy is hurt, but tries to understand and fight for the "relationship" - really? If I had sex with someone and heard this kind of speach afterwards, I'd kick them good bye - I mean this whole "you are too good for me" is one thing, but here the cop basically implies that gorgeous guy is shallow. Not nice, especially because gorgeous guy has a lot of books and a summa cum laude degree from an ivy league college and is a loving and caring person...(I think his picture is in the dictionary under "too good to be true").Anyway - this book was not good at all imo, not funny, not interesting, and also the crime/cop part was not very present and not interesting at all. Too much discussing the "relationship" for my taste, insta-love, which I hate in books, "relationship" drama and angst and nothing to redeem the story.