Tami

Tami

Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan I really really love this series, although or maybe because it is a tough read, a hard story sometimes and the protagonists are different. From all parts I read so far (Soldiers, Mercenaries I & II), I liked this one the least (still a rounded 5 star read :-)). I can't even say exactly why. Maybe not enough development in their relationship for the many pages, not enough new things. And too much having sex with too many different people for my taste. Maybe I am too narrow-minded or don't have enough fantasy to understand or imagine how you can still preserve your one true love while having sex with anybody willing (and vice versa: if you found the one person that completes you and have very satisfying sex with that person, why have sex with others??) - I simply cannot understand this and therefore cannot sympathize with Dan. I simply don't believe in it, it is something that rubs me the wrong way. The occasional threesome to keep things interesting - ok. But this is a different league and it was too much of that in the combined two books, therefore I deduct 0,1 stars from this fantastic read :-)