Tami

Tami

Fathom's Five: The Cross of Sins: Cross of Sins v. 1 - Geoffrey Knight 2,5 Stars. I really wanted to like this book. It sounded great and it appeared as a kind of gay Indiana Jones team effort. But I just didn't get into it. The history mystery (including evil secret catholic society) was a little ridiculous and the characters remained shallow and cliched. The sex scenes seemed to be thrown in as an afterthought and didn't serve any purpose story wise that I could see (except the swimming pool nearly sex scene).I tried to see it as a comedy/satire - but for that it wasn't funny enough.The stars are for good writing overall. Half star deduction for the sometimes flawed German (native speaker here): if you want to include phrases or exclamations at least check them for spelling and grammar. Also there are enough native speakers around here and in plenty other forums to ask (that's what I do if I have to write some words in Dutch).