Tami

Tami

Untameable - Diana Palmer, Linda Lael Miller wow, this was bad. Two novels: the first DNF, just soooo boring and uninspired. The second one I finished. What a waste of time. Both are simple romance novels. I stopped reading the first one when I got majorly annoyed with the Hero's mother who disapproved of the heroine on the grounds that she had a child "out of wedlock" - I thought maybe it is 1950ies, but no they were talking about video games. The second and last nail in the coffin: the coffee making. It is not so hard to brew a good cup of coffee - honestly. Even men can do it, I am sure. But why the heroine, who is the Hero's secretary, sees it as an absolute no go to make coffee, even if she is better at it than the guys in the office - ok, that only makes for a very odd and unhelpful person who needs some lecture on team spirit...Then in the second novel the heroine is a cafe-owner without any ambition, talent or drive whatsoever (seeing the Eiffel tower or the great wall of china is NOT a goal - it is a travel plan!). The fact that her only goal in life is getting married and have a family could have been an interesting angle. I couldn't really identify with that, but I would have been fine with a storyline where the heroine wants a family because I think that raising children and being a housewife is a career and a good choice for many people. But I don't appreciate people without any drive, no plan, no goals. And for someone who owns and works in a cafe basic cooking or baking skills would surely have been a plus...And I got the distinct impression that it was no coincidence that the Hero's first wife who was bad and selfcentered and neglects her childern, is a lawyer...