Tami

Tami

The Epic Love Story of Doug and Stephen - Valerie Z. Lewis Not sure about this one. A lot of people wrote that they found it extremely funny. Not sure, if I just didn't get some jokes (not a native speaker) or it might be just not my kind of humour.There were some good dialogues, but overall I found it a little boring and the love story was strange, too. Both main characters were not really likable or impressive: Doug, the pretty male model, is dumb beyond description (doesn't understand words with more than two syllables, needs explaining to understand a TV show - sorry, but that's just too much) and Stephan is a smart and educated misanthrope who is unsatisfied with his life and bitter about everything. A very unlikely couple. What I disliked besides the main characters: their falling in love was totally unprobable. If it was meant as a satire or comedy, ok. But as a normal novel, it was just not very convincing.What I liked: the very good writing and the cool minor characters, like Alex, the sarcastic photographer; Wilson, the drug dealer and Doug's Mom.