Tami

Tami

My Fair Captain - J.L. Langley Normally I don't like to give bad reviews, but I really didn't find much to like in this one.I didn't like the setting much (genetical altering to produce only male and homosexual offspring - that was too much for me). And I didn't like the love story, because it was love based on physical beauty and not much more. I couldn't see any development of character or any progress in the relationship. And the whole "virginal" thing bothered me also: why should in any sane society be there a rule that young, gay men need to stay untouched until they marry??? One of the MCs asked exactly this question, because on his homeworld it is the young ladies (Regency-Style), which makes some sense in regards to making sure that the child born afterwards is really the biological child of the husband. The answer he is given is: Tradition. It has always been like this. And that is only one of the totally unlogical things. I did expect some inconsistency (it is a sci-fi regency after all ;-)), but it was just not a good story. The crime/spy storyline was also rather boring. And the HEA ended with a rather hard core sex scene. All in all it was disappointing.