Tami

Tami

Written in the Stars - Alix Bekins 1,5 stars.I didn't hate it - and that is pretty much the nicest thing to say about that book. It was not funny at all and the "banter" between the two MCs was so lame it didn't deserve to be called banter at all. I disliked Bailey, the genius, tremendously. It just grates your nerves to constantly hear how brilliant he is, how he is the smartest person in any given room, how boring all other less brilliant people are. He came across not so much brilliant but more arrogant a**. People who judge others solely based on their IQ and their knowledge of science and mathematics? Boo.John, the other MC, was not arrogant and only boring. The whole story with Bailey going on 12 dates (including sex with some of the guys) to proove something - whatever - was stupid. And drawn out. It was clear from the beginning who would be the couple in the HEA from the beginning, but it took 75% of that book, until they got around to it. I do like some sexual tension and slow development. But here was no development, because Bailey spent 74% of the book with other guys.All in all: boring. At least it was fairly well written.