Tami

Tami

Marathon Cowboys - Sarah Black This book had different stages for me. The beginning felt very slow and a tiny bit boring. Then, after two thirds it got dramatic and exciting. The last part was unfortunately very disappointing and even annoying for me.What I disliked so much about the finale: Jesse and Lorenzo are separated, because Jesse betrayed Lorenzo's trust in a very bad way (sells and publishes a nude painting of Lorenzo without his consent). This was not ok in any way and Jesse couldn't even say he was sorry, because he went on with it till the end, including Magazine covers and Marketing etc. So why does Lorenzo forgive him? Because Jesse gets shot. And that is obviously enough to forgive everyting and be even ok with being drawn further in against his will by the sleezy and manipulative ex-boyfriend. Well, that did not work for me. At all. I find it unforgivable to use people like this against their will. And art is no excuse.So it was only the icing on the cake when Jesse in a btw manner mentioned that he had lied about his living situation (sharing an appartment with his ex/on-off), because he didn't sleep with that guy, and that makes lying about the appartment obviously ok. So Jesse was not my kind of guy at all - way to spoilt and self-centered. And so this book lost a bit of its potential for me. A pity, because some parts were really brilliant.