Tami

Tami

So good, so sweet

The Parting Glass - Josh Lanyon

I did a quick re-read of the first installment "In a dark wood", a short novella I very much liked. It was creepy and funny at the same time, bittersweet and hot.

And this one was a worthy sequel.

It picks up a few years after the events of the first part. Luke and Tim haven't made it as a couple - too many obstacles and Tim's alcoholism prevented the HEA.

So the two men meet again - and there it is: this sweet and bitter moment when the feeling is there, and the reality of the situation doesn't fit the feeling.

I am as always amazed at how rich a story is packed in so few words - the story never felt rushed and it had all the development and interaction that I like to have in a romance novel.

Here there was no mystery part - but I didn't miss it.

I would recommend to re-read the first novella again before reading this one (and because it is always worth re-visiting :-))