Tami

Tami

SPOILER ALERT!

Not as kinky as promised...but with banter and humor...

Kinked  - Thea Harrison

Here my thoughts at 50%:

Quentin, the beautiful and very hot shifter/elf and the grouchy and antagonistic harpy Aryal make for an unusual couple though the clever reader might have had a guess that this would be perfect ground for enemies to lovers. I really dig Quentin, just have a soft spot for blond hunks.

And it seems to become kinky. Very much so. I will only mention strap-ons and anal sex. Let's see if the author delivers on the promises...

Here is the stuff I dislike:

Aryal is so much better than all modern women, she doesn't pretend, she doesn't use perfume or make-up, is not clingy and if she loves someone it will be with "purity" and no emotional blackmail, like we modern women do all the time.

Little note to the author: Don't insult your readers. Who are mainly modern women.

And here my thoughts after having read the second half as well:

It improved on the "Aryal is better than normal women"-part.

There was no deliverance on the kinky promises except one tame spanking. And the word "penis" was used way too often.

Still. Quentin has become one of my favourite male main characters in the series. He is hot.

And the story was solid. There was some seriously funny banter going on and so it was overall a very enjoyable read.

If I had to rate the second half alone: 4,5 stars

first half: 2,5 stars.

So we meet in the middle somewhere.