Tami

Tami

SPOILER ALERT!

This wowed me - for the female MC alone 5 blinking stars!

Fortune's Pawn  - Rachel Bach

A very great read.

Well-thought out world building - far enough away from reality to be interesting and close enough to not need constant descriptions and explanations.

The characters are fantastic - well developed, interesting, realistic and fun to read.

Slighly creepy regarding the Captain's "daughter".

A very good story line that shows some action and some suspense in this installment and let's the reader glimpse a bit of what is to come.

I could have done without the cliff-hanger, but the heroine is so great, that I will patiently (ahem) wait for the next installment (February 2014 - cruel world...): She is ambitious, confident, and has an attitude to match her prowess as a fighter. Her armour and her weapons nearly become side character (they have names at least :-))

There also was a romance part - very sweet and passionate, a nice counterpoint to the violent action.

Can't wait for February!