Tami

Tami

SPOILER ALERT!

It was a freebie. But I didn't like it so much.

Design By The Sea - Hollis Shiloh

Since it already costs again on Amazon, I don't give extra points for being free.

I didn't like this very much over all. It had no real story and the characters remained pale and quite uninteresting to me.

I liked that the author put a less than physically perfect guy as a romantic interest and 1st person narrator in the story. But I didn't like him much unfortunately. He was also a bit too much crying, being the beaten puppy and so on.

His love interest - his high-school friend, whom he always assumed to be straight - is also not really fascinating. He is described as gorgeous, but shy. A combination to be found in real life as often as an unicorn, if I take my own life experience, but what do I know.

There coming together was probably supposed to be the main plot.

Unfortunately it was a bit boring, and even the artificial back and forth didn't make it more engaging.

I didn't really get the rest of the plot - it felt unfinished, e.g. the pushing on the roof got never explained, and rushed.

So this is not a new author I am going to explore.