Tami

Tami

SPOILER ALERT!

This is a typical m/m romance - maybe good for "beginners"?

Collide (Blackcreek Series) - Riley Hart

Two butch guys, a fire-fighter and an ex-marine who is now working as a carpenter, building furniture.

Gay for you in the purest form (for one of them). Childhood friends to lovers.

Flowery dialogue most thirteen year old girls would be embarrassed about (ok, maybe I am exaggerating a bit...): The MCs constantly comment on what they are feeling. Like "I feel this burning heat when you touch my hand". Really, nobody talks like this. It feels stilted and über-romantic. This over-sharing makes the dialogues after a certain point very sappy.

The constant erections. (Really clashes with the emotional talk too...)

The newly gay guy being a natural at giving head (suspend disbelief) and when he is penetrated the first time he comes hands-free (suspend even more disbelief).

First everybody's straight and intolerant in the little town, then another gay guy and a bi-sexual colleague of the fire-man MC appear (in time to give a little glimpse for the second installment which will center on the additional bi and gay guy).

The homophobic father figure whose respect the till-this-point-in-time-straight-guy needs so much.

The tragic events in his childhood - in the other guy's youth there's also history that makes it sooo hard to trust someone. Why both of them never could fall for anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad book or an awful read.

It just embraces so many m/m romance cliches, that I felt like I read it a dozend times before. So if you haven't read much in the genre yet, you might enjoy it and not even notice how unoriginal the story is.