Tami

Tami

Interesting mystery and more relationship development

Researched to Death - Meg Perry

The mystery/sleuthing part was nice and interesting to read (little tiny point for pedantics like me: There is no "university of Bavaria". Bavaria is a federal state in the republic of Germany, with Munich as capital. The university in Munich, my alma mater, as it happens, is called "Ludwigs-Maximilians-Universitaet", for short "LMU". If you google "university Munich" it is the first hit after the ads. Just saying...).

The relationship between Pete and Jamie does progress, but I can't help to feel a little bored by Pete. He just doesn't come across as someone so great or interesting.

And the whole abuse part somehow takes away from some of the possible dynamics. It makes a lot of stuff "not up for discussion" because of Pete's history. And incompatibility in the bedroom is a very serious problem imho.

(show spoiler)

I will continue with the series, as it is well written, entertaining and interesting.

Maybe it won't become a favourite, but it has its own qualities.