Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

Brilliant writing. Let me explain why only three stars.

Die Liebe einer Frau - Alice Munro, Heidi Zerning

In the end it is quite simple.

I didn't enjoy this book very much.

It was an excellent book. With a flowing and elegant prose. With clever and heart-breaking observations, with very many different views on love.

But what also flowed through all four stories about love was melancholy. I found this book so very depressing, as none of the shown facettes of this emotion led to lasting happiness. Maybe this is what makes you a literary writer - that you show a dark side or sad ending to something as sappy as romantic love. But it doesn't make for nice reading.

The best (and least depressing) story for me was "Cortes Island" - I believe this one is autobiographic.

I am a romantic, I guess. And I do believe in happy endings. Also in real life. It doesn't have to be sappy for every character in a book (as it does with those typical romance novels), but it would be more enjoyable for me if there was just one ray of hope in between this bleakness.