Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

What a ride.

Just One Damned Thing After Another - Jodi Taylor

I very much liked this.

It had a great heroine - she is strong, ambitious and smart, without being supergirl. She has self-doubts and some issues, but nothing debilitating. She was above all loyal. I really like that in a character (real or fictional :-))

And the hero - also a very nice pick. Strong, a bit silent, mysterious. A bit hesistant, but passionate nonetheless.

The secondary characters were another strengths of this work. They are interesting and individual - they helped drive the story and it is testamtent to how great they were written, that I never confused them with each other thoug there were MANY seconday characters.

It had a very fast-paced action part, that really kept me reading through it all, couldn't put the kindle down, before all was said and done.

Only minor irritation: The way Lucy (1st person POV) told the reader what catastrophe to expect next. I read those dire announcements and would expect the worst. This didn't work well for me, as I felt winded up for nothing most of the time.