Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

Blood, violence and not much virtue...

Prince of Thorns - Mark  Lawrence

I could have - and probably should have - hated this book. Based on the amoral/sociopathic/psychopathic protagonist alone. His tragic family history is no excuse and no justificaion. And he never saw it as one - this is his saving grace.

I didn't hat it - to the contrary. I very nearly loved it (half a star deduction because the violent thoughts and behaviours were a bit OTT).

This is a tough ride. Excellently written, the plot carefully built and surprising and enthralling.

It had a fast pace, fascinating characters and a lot of brilliant story telling.

I had some inner question marks in the beginning as the world building seemed to jump strangely between our reality, middle ages, magic, AU etc. - the conclusion as to why was mindblowing. It was simple. Not the first time this solution was brought to the table in a book or a movie

(e.g. Planet of the Apes),

(show spoiler)

but beautifully done!

Will start the second part immediately.