Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

Too much Alpha asshole to enjoy fully.

Sweet Addiction - Jessica  Daniels, J.  Daniels

This had a lot of potential.

I even like the cussing and usage of adult language, ahem.

The heroine was likable, the secondary characters funny and interesting - I especially loved Joey. The relationship development felt more or less natural. The sex was mostly hot and well written (if a bit too frequent, I started skimming at one point).

The not so great stuff about this book:

the Hero. The über-Alpha-Macho-guy. Who wouldn't allow his girl to be massaged by a professional massage therapist who is male. Who destroys a mini-dress because it is too revealing. Who beats up people to prove he cares.

You get the picture.

And guess what: THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR.

An important lesson: Just because a guy is beautiful and attractive and rich he should still not be allowed to behave like that. Ladies, have some self-esteem.

Unfortunately our heroine found all this not only acceptable, but "panty-melting". And she starts wearing dresses to please him - if that was only a fashion statement or a sexy statement like "better access" or something, that would have been fine, but she notices that he treats her differently when she wears dresses, more "tenderly" - I am at a total loss here. And don't even get me started on the jealousy-issue (she wouldn't allow him to have a massage done by a female massage therapist either). I don't find jealousy especially romantic - I find it more a sign of insecurity and also a sign for trust-issues.

I found him nearly unbearable as romance interest. He was an A-grade Asshole.

And some stuff was involuntarily strange, like the heroine asking what his super-duper car has cost. Like wow, that is making him soooo cool, that he drives a car that costs 90k.

So, this was unfortunately a mix of good and entertaining read with "totally lost me on the male lead".