Tami

Tami

The Handmaid's Tale
Margaret Atwood
Trek Science - mit Warpgeschwindigkeit in die Zukunft? (German Edition)
Inga Nielsen, Stefan Thiesen

DNF after 51%: DI Romney and me won't become friends...expect a rant.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files) - Oliver Tidy

Maybe because he is a chauvinistic asshole who is more concerned with physical appearance than with how a person really is. And person means woman here, because rules are different for men - if you didn't know that, read this book and be educated about how awful it is when women are ageing: It is really disgusting. How their sagging breasts and their old, vile bodies insult the discerning male eye, so that a good-looking guy like the good Inspector has no chance but to date someone at least 10 years his junior. Buhu.

(Extra HATRED for the self-introspection with a shrug "That's who I am and I can't change, even if you might think it narrow minded or shallow". Well, you might not be able to help it, but that doesn't mean I can't hate you with a vengeance because you are an epic douche-bag, you moron.)

Maybe I am just overly critic, as I have an irrational hatred for male protagonists of a certain age that have me suspicious if this isn't the male author's Mary Sue Moment - the one fantasy, where the ageing male is sooooo attractive to all the female population that he basically has no choice but take the most beautiful and youngest woman available.

Maybe because being 43 years old and never having had a lasting and meangingful relationship with a woman doesn't make a guy attractive in my eyes but screams "serious personal issues" to me.

Maybe because I find it distasteful to go to a crime scene of a rape smelling like your girlfriend's pussy. Use some soap, will you. This stuff is not a super glue, a little soap will take care of the smell. Jesus.

Maybe because he is so pussy-whipped by his young lover, that he apologizes for eating out with a female colleague - WTF??? He is a douch-bag without a spine!

So, you could all in all say: I HATE THIS ASSHOLE.

Oh, and if you read the summary on Amazon or here at BL - forget it. There is basically nothing about Joy Marsh in this book until this point. To be fair, could be that the second half is all about her...

I didn't get the clinical tone with which it was told, like a report - like "the great and handsome Inspector did this. He felt good about. Then he did that. And then he returned to do that." Left me a whole lot of detached, when I wasn't seething with rage.

I guess the crime plot is ok, but I couldn't get over my hatred for THE ASSHOLE, so this is it for this series for me. At least it was free.