Tami

Tami

Ghosts of Empire (Book 4 of The Empire of Bones Saga)
Terry Mixon
The Handmaid's Tale
Margaret Atwood
Trek Science - mit Warpgeschwindigkeit in die Zukunft? (German Edition)
Inga Nielsen, Stefan Thiesen

DNF early on - deja vues and stereotypes...

The Highlander's Hope - Cali MacKay

This was just a bit too cardboard for me.

The handsome, most-eligible, business man/son of the laird and the bookish beauty with trust issues who is nonetheless drawn to him...

And the over-drawn "scottischness" - meaning, the hero addressed the heroine in every second sentence as "lass". As this means "girl" and made him sound like his 58 year old rheumatic uncle, it didn't really help set the ambience. I am no native speaker, but it seems a bit odd to me, that he would address her that way from the beginning on, as they meet on a professional level at first. But maybe I am wrong here, it just sounded odd to me.

And then the story about the Ex who stole her work and research? I had a strong deja vu there, as in those history geek romance thingies it is obviously a well-loved trope. Who would have thought that Academia has so much criminal energy? Most history geeks I know are quite stuffy and no one ever made much money with standard historical research...and being a female Indiana Jones treasure hunter clashes with the "I am so bookish" vibe the dear Dr. gave.

The writing was not exactly inspiring and after the third really boring scene I decided to let it go. It was free, so no bad feelings.