Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

Wonderful - and FREE!

Neanderthal Seeks Human - Penny Reid

I loved this one!

I loved Janie's voice, her inner monologues, her coping, her sense of humor and also her courage. The whole novel is in her POV, except the epilogue. She is a really, really cool heroine.

I loved Quinn, the hot guy, Janie kind of stalks and finally meets. He is HOT. And interesting.

They made such a fine couple, and this whole novel showed how those two different people fell for each other.

THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS NOVEL: the quality of the writing was terrific (characters, plot, consistency, dialogues - all brilliant). The editing was top notch (punctuation, vocabulary etc.).

It was a near perfect read for me.

I normally don't do this, but I want to show more of this awesome, awesome writing, so here some quotes (I could have chosen another twenty or fifty, this is just a random choice):

"My head was spinning. I didn't understand men. They made no sense and behaved erratically. (...) I decided, as I succumbed to sleep, that men should come with manuals, subtitles, and reset buttons."

After finding out, that Quinn is not a security guard, but owns the company:

"he was out of all my leagues. I was in awkwardly shaped head Neanderthal league, and he was in the hot ninja millionaire league."

After he saunters into her hotel room at a business trip and she had a bottle of wine, she looks at him at the door:

"My internal dialogue went something like this:

Leave it open! But that would be strange if someone walks by. Who cares? I care! Why do I care? Just close it! You can't close it; you're in your underwear! And if the door is closed, you might...do...something. Here is the situation: I'm in my underwear in my room with Quinn, and my alcohol-laden inhibitions are low, low, low. It's like closing yourself up in a Godiva chocolate shop; of course you're going to sample something. Don't sample anything! Don't even smell anything! If you smell it, you'll want to try it. Don't smell him anymore - No. More. Smelling. I hope he doesn't see the empty bottle of wine...Put some clothes on. Is it weird if I dress in front of him? I want some chocolate. Ah! Clothes!

Marvelous.

"A little voice in the back of my head said, Don't trust him! You're not special! You're weird and awkward and a bigheaded Neanderthal freak with Medusa hair! He's confused you with someone else!

Almost immediately, I told that voice to eat shit and die."