Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

This could have been good.

Marcus: Volume 1 (Hell Squad) by Anna Hackett (2015-07-29) - Anna Hackett

I liked the world building, the idea of the setting. The Alien invasion, the underground battle station, the last stand the humans are making, the reptile/dinosaur Aliens etc.

Then the romance happened. And it was cliche-ridden, stupid, too fast and boring. It had bad non-sexy sex scenes, OTT Alpha-macho bullshit (including ripping apart of t-shirts to undress his sexy temptress quicker...urghhh), unnecessary guilt trips and so on.

There was no falling in love, the hero and heroine already had a thing for each other at the beginning of the book, and it was only a bit of a push at each other (done through dramatic, life-threatening situation and said alpha male behaviour "me protect what's mine") and the love story was done.

The heroine was unrealistic and more a sketch than a fully drawn character. Supposedly she had been fine with living a meaning-less luxuious party-girl life prior to the Alien attack. Which obviously functioned like a lobotomy and gave her a new personality/character. Aha.

That was really a bummer.

If this was just an action scifi novel, it would have been better. This wooden, boring and 90ies bodice ripper kind of romance killed it.