Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

The second installment - a bit weaker...

This Same Earth (Volume 2) - Elizabeth Hunter

The writing is still great, I am invested in the characters and the banter is still there, even if a bit muted.

What I didn't dig so much: The incompetence. On both sides. Please. You vampire people are supposed to be so brilliant.

Gio comes across as a bit dense in relation to Lorenzo. And for a big bad assassin vampire quite naive and hesistant.

Of course I know that Lorenzo, the big evil enemy is needed.

But then don't brag about, that he can't hold a candle to your power and that you could squash him like a mosquito...

I mean if you can just burn him to a crisp, nobody even has to know it. Declare it as sleep-walking into the sun, put on your sorry-face and go on with your life.

I am discovering that I am no fan of big finales at all. Over-used. And mostly authors have to bend story, world-building and characters to make it happen. Not cool.