Tami

Tami

Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals) (Volume 1)
Marina Finlayson
Das Schlimmste kommt noch oder Fast eine Jugend
Charles Bukowski
Die linke Hand Gottes
Paul Hoffman, Reinhard Tiffert

Fantastic. Dark. Gritty. Absolutely gripping.

Das Handwerk des Teufels: Roman - Donald Ray Pollock The Devil All the Time - Donald Ray Pollock

I couldn't put this down, read it in one go, was drawn in at the first page.

Wow.

This was not a light or mild read. This was a dark story with many characters that you could firmly put it the "bad to evil" section. But that doesn't sound completely right, because every character gets its own story - how wrong some of their doings may feel, you still experience them as human beings. And you can't help but feel some kind of compassion for them - best examples are Sandy or Theodore.

This was written so well. I enjoyed simply reading sentence after sentence.

I don't want to talk about the story, the intricate plot lines, the furious chase to the finale - let's just say that pacing and plotting were perfect in my opinion.

This was one of the most impressing books I've read in a long time.

Absolutely recommended. But not for the faint of heart or readers who want a good laugh or chuckle out of their read...but count on the goose bump skin!